Things to do in Invercargill and surrounding area
- No Charge: Southland Museum, Art Gallery and Tuatarium. The Tuatara is the only remaining living species of dinosaur. They are bred at Southland Museum and can be seen here for no charge. (Five minute walk from Southern Comfort).
- No Charge: Queens Park rose gardens, aviary, animals, golf, tennis, walking. (Five minute walk away).
- No Charge: Burt Munro motor cycle collection from “The Worlds Fastest Indian” movie. (Five minute walk away). We have the movie on hand to watch.
- No Charge: Heritage Trail and Walking Trails around the city. Map at i-site.
- Rock Climbing and Squash at Southland Stadium.
- Cycle Racing at the Velodrome.
- Swimming at Splash Palace or Oreti Beach.
- Bill Richardson Truck Museum.
- Beer tasting at Invercargill Brewery.
- Knight of New Zealand factory outlet shop for discounted wool products.
- 10 pin bowling (5 minute walk away).
- Movies at Reading Cinemas.
- Scenic flight over Stewart Island, Fiordland and The Catlins (Ask us about $125 discounted round trip flights to Stewart Island with BBH card).
- Second hand and antique shopping. Map at i-site.
- Use Southern Comfort as your base to visit Stewart Island, The Catlins, Riverton and the Southern Scenic Route.
- Horse riding on trails and the beach.